Wednesday, December 14, 2011

hammerhead vs. management

Two manager types who have doctoral degrees just came into the office looking for one of the supervisors.

Managers: Where is Cheryl?

Hammerhead: WHAT?

Managers: Uh, Cheryl? Is she here?

Hammerhead: OH! CHERYL! Well…I don’t know. I don’t think so. No, probably not. Well, I don’t really know. She worked yesterday but I’m not real sure about her schedule —

Managers: [cutting her off] Well, can we leave a message for her?

[Hammerhead hands them a notepad decorated with wolves.]

Hammerhead: I just LOVE wolves! Look at my calendar! It has wolves on every page. I just love their eyes. That’s what gets me about them. My kids got me a wolf bath towel for Christmas. And also a wolf throw pillow. And a wolf cup.

Managers: Okay, thank you for your time. [They edge towards the door.]

Hammerhead: And they said they wanted to get me a wolf shower curtain! And I have lots of wolf figurines.

Managers: Okay, thanks for your help. [They are in the hall by now.]

Hammerhead: [shouting into the hall] And I got a little wolf doll from the gift shop and when you squeeze him he goes “Arooooo!”

No comments:

Post a Comment