Friday, December 30, 2011

hammerhead vs. foreigners

Hammerhead: I'm sick of these foreigners here! I HATE CALLING A BUSINESS AND NOT BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE PERSON YOU'RE TALKING TO BECAUSE THEY'RE FOREIGN AND I'M SICK OF ASKING TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE THAT I CAN UNDERSTAND!

Ann the Brit: Hammerhead, we can talk without shouting. Do you understand this? We can discuss without shouting. People may be walking by in the hall.

Hammerhead: Yes, but I'm just VERY ADAMANT about my country!

Ann the Brit: Do you understand what I'm saying, though?

Hammerhead: I don't think I'm shouting though. We just shouldn't allow ANYONE from other countries over here. It's not right.

Me: Ann's a foreigner.

Hammerhead: Yes, but Ann can speak English!

2 comments:

  1. We have them over this side of the pond as well :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I am feeling an odd amount of resonance with you and your struggles. I work in HIM and just about every one of my coworkers in my pool displays a few Hammerhead traits. I just had to print out a Snopes article about 'daggum foriegners' today too, because I just couldn't stand to hear them talking about it any more (at least this week is better than the week where every conversation turned to gay sex).

    I feel less lonely now, thank you.

    ReplyDelete