Thursday, June 23, 2011

hammerhead vs. social graces

ACT ONE

Two nurses are in my office discussing something fairly important. In barges Hammerhead.

Hammerhead: [brutally interrupting] Before I forget! Water hockey! [The nurses go silent and look up in shock.] It's this thing, this game, where you get in the pool and two teams bat a big barrell around. I looked it up on the web and the fire department uses it for training with the hoses. You know, hose training. So that's what water hockey is.

Nurses: Um, okay.

Me: [after Hammerhead leaves] Did that have anything to do with anything?

Nurses: Not at all.

ACT TWO

Hammerhead: [to me, eight months pregnant] Stephanie, I heard on the news that they recovered bodies from that plane crash of parents holding their newborn children.

Me: Thanks for sharing that.

Hammerhead: Well it's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment