Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hammerhead vs. partial hysterectomy

[Last night I stopped by work and Hammerhead was there, brewing coffee on her desk.]

Me: When did you get a coffee maker in here?

Hammerhead: A long time ago! Where have you been? I drink a whole pot every night. And look in here...(she opens an overhead cabinet)...I got a full-size microwave too! Except the management said that I can't use it because they don't want cooking going on in the office. And I said, "It's not cooking, it's REHEATING!"

Me: [taking note of a fountain on her desk that runs water through it] When did you get that fountain?

Hammerhead: Oh, I just love it! It relaxes me. Well, it also makes me have to pee, especially since I drink a pot of coffee each night. I'm telling you, since I had my hysterectomy, I can't hold number one OR two!

Me: Oh my.

Hammerhead: Well, I only had a partial hysterectomy - they took my uteruses [sic] and my cervix out. And ever since then I can't hold nothin'. So when I feel the urge, I gotta RUN! Because more than once it's gone past the point of no return, if you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment